Monday, October 1, 2012

Joan's Garden Challenge 9-27-12

Hello and Happy Fall to all. It's another beautiful day here. They just do not seem to end this year. Kinda makes you wonder if we may pay for all this beautiful weather with lots of snow this winter.
I had foot surgery last week on Thursday. I had bunions removed from both feet. My right foot was far worse than my left and I had this great idea to get them both done at once! So far it's ok. The meds really help.... I wear these really cool sandle like shoes with velcro straps. They must be kept on your feet whenever you are up. I thought I'd cheat but I haven't yet. I surprised myself! And, I have to keep my feet up (raised) whenever I am not up. So, I am sitting here with my feet up (day 4) and eating cheetos and typing. It just can't get any better!
On to my card. This weeks challenge at Joan's Garden is to create a card using designer paper, a flower, a flourish and a sentiment. Here's what I came up with.

               The Poinsettia is from Spellbinders and the flourish is from Sizzix. I used a corner notch punch on all corners of the desinger paper. The Celebrate! is from A Muse and punched out with a word punch. I also added some stick on red jewels. Easy card to make and I managed to not get any orange cheetos on the card too!
Later...
PH                                                     

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula,
Sorry to hear about your surgery ! Best wishes for a speedy recovery !
Your card is beautiful ! I love the magic details that you always ad to create lots of interest in the design !
take care
Ann

Caroline D. said...

What a cute card with those adorable snowmen all in row! Followed the link from Joan's challenge so I could see your pretty card better. :o)

Joan Fricker said...

Paula, your card is so cute.
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansagardens.com

Selma said...

Great background for this pretty card. Hope your feel better soon. Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our challenge.