Monday, April 9, 2012

Flowers Galore

Hello and happy Monday. Today I have some flower cards for you. They are a new set of stamps from Art Cure found at Crafter's companion. These cards were really fun to make and below I will tell you how I inked them.



                                                                                 
                                                                     
                                                                             
              Start by stamping each image with Black dye ink and then trimming the card. Next use a sheet of acrylic or a sheet of glass will work too. I've even used a large acrylic block. I put down the ink in rows of colors.



Press the stamped card onto the inked surface. Lift up and then lay down again in a different direction. Keep repeating until you are satisfied with the results. You may also have to reink.

Card #1 uses Distress Inks-Spiced Marlmalade, Mustard Seed and Shabby Shutters.
Card #2 uses Distress Inks- Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet and Milled Lavender.
Card #3 uses Distress Inks- Scattered Straw, Bundled Sage and Dried Marigold.

I hope you enjoyed this process. I really like to try out new ways to color. Be sure and check out the other designer's cards.
Paula Huiras
                                                                                   

                                                            
                                                                             




                                                                           

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula,

I was late in checking for the Saturday card, and there's a bonus ! I like the technique, it sure looks great ! The layers, punches, and embellishments really enhance the design !

Ann

Shirley said...

Three beautiful cards and a totally awesome tutorial and technique. I will try to remember this so I CAS you on my blog. :-)