Saturday, March 9, 2013

#9 Challenge Joan's Garden

This week the challenge at Joan's Garden is to create a Garden Theme. I chose a Dandelion Folder to start my project. Once the dandelions come it's spring and time to garden.  We have piles of snow but it is now raining and they will not last long. We all cross our fingers so no more snowstorms come. Here's my card:


I colored the Dandelion plastic folder with Dried Marigold dye ink, inserted a sheet of white paper and put it through my Big Shot machine. The folder is from Darice at Crafter's Companion.
The flower pots, shovel, small butterfly and photo corners are all punches. Also, the two green round edged pieces of cardstock (sticking out at the center of the card) are punched out with a word punch.
The Gate and Tag are dies from Impression Obsession. The Watering Can is a stamp from IO.
The Grass is a Sizzix die.
Spring is Sprung is a stamp from Savvy.
I also added a mini green brad, a paper flower with a mini orange brad and strings for the tag.
For more challenge cards and to see Joan's products go here  .

PH                                                                    

6 comments:

Pssequimages said...

Oh Paula that card is SO darling. I love your folder inking letterpress technique; yours turned out so well. What cute punches and dies. You really created a darling garden! Love it!

Diane said...

Darling and super cute garden scene!!! Good luck on the challenge...have a nice day...its raining here today, too...good for the gardens though!!

Diane said...

Also wanted to mention...your log home is beautiful...and super cute pets, too.....we also live in a log home, but ours is an oldie... 60 plus years old...hmmm...guess that makes me old, too, but I think the house is ageing better them me...lol!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula,

What a beautiful card ! Makes me want spring to hurry ! What cool punches ! Nice fence ! Everything blends so well into a great garden space ! Hey wait ! Just add a bunny and it's an Easter card :-) Another marvelous creation, thanks for sharing.

Ann

Darlene said...

What a wonderful creation Paula! LOVE all the little details pulled together for this gardening beauty! Makes my desire for spring planting even stronger! Thanks for inspiration!
HUGS from OHIO!

Greta said...

Love that embossing folder & your garden scene card is just fabulous!