Saturday, November 17, 2012

Joan's Challenge 11-15-12

Happy Saturday. Hope everyone has wonderful plans for Thanksgiving. We're going to Grandma's house! I get out of cooking, tho I love to cook. My feet (after surgery) are not quite up to it. At my doctor appointment this week I was informed it could take months for the swelling to go down and I could wear my regular shoes. I ended up going out and buying a size bigger shoes to get me by. I may have to buy another pair...
This weeks challenge at Joan's Garden is to create a recycled card. They had a wonderful card made out of a paper bag as an example. Check it out. I ended up taking a card I had made awhile ago and revamped it. I had use a recycled Forever Stamp cover on this card, so I did use a recycled piece... In my new card I used some paper stuffing as a layer. A friend of mine gave it to me and told me I would know what to do with it. Apparently I did! Here's the card before and after.

                                                                    

The background stamps are both  Cover-A-Cards from Impression Obsession. The Pine Cone is also from Impression Obsession. The Pine Trees are a die from Sizzix. I used a Heart Corner punch at the top right corner. I also used a strip of Red cardstock and a Red ribbon underneath the Pine Trees. Hope you enjoyed the card. For more challenge cards and to see all of Joan's products go to:
http://www.atjoansgardens.com/

PH                                                                         

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula,

What a great card ! I always like the layering that you do ! Makes me want to create !

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving ! Glad you didn't have to cook, that's a lot of standing. Hope your feet are better soon. Be careful on that ice ! (or maybe you don't have any, we do)

Ann